Monday, April 27, 2009

A Day in Disneyland




So we went to Disneyland today and I thought...I might share how we roughly spend our day when we do go to Disneyland...which has been quite a bit since Christmas.
Today we were going to meet up with a family-friends, and spend the day together..however, they were sick so they were not able to come. That meant that could take the day a little slower...we got there around 12:30 p.m. and had our lunch-homemade tuna sandwiches-in the car. As a side, I gave something to GZ to eat every 1/2 hour to an hour. It worked well and she ate all the food that I had hoped she would eat. In the past if I simply kept a 3 meals mindset she would hardly eat anything...so this new approach worked.
We first went to the Mark Twain's Steamboat but since we had 25 min I went to ride Big Thunder Mountain and got a pass for Stephen and he did not have to wait in line. Turns out though that we had to wait for yet another round before we got on the steamboat. GZ really enjoyed that, her papou will like to know that...his favorite ride, looking at the passing ducks, horses, goats, etc. After that we went to ride Winnie the Pooh, a ride that the baby enjoys, and we don't have a bad time either, and lastly we went to the Jungle Cruise. By the time we finished with Jungle Cruise, if you add also potty breaks it was around 3:30 p.m. meaning that 3 hours had passed since we entered the park.
Stephen and I were really hungry so we sat down to eat our PBJ which proved not enough so Stephen went to get us a hot dog and a pretzel (our two expenses for the day!) With full tummies we decided to head over to California Adventure for Toy Story...baby in the stroller hoping she would fall asleep. At CalAd we were greeted by their huge Food and Wine Festival banner so Stephen against my reservations inquired how much it would cost to sit in the food demonstration. FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tickets were sold out so we had to wait...to make things a little more compllicated GZ had finally dozed off. They told us we could not take the stroller in with us but eventually they made an allowance because our preciosa was sleeping and they let us get in. The food that was going to be demonstrated...Turkish Baklava! I did get some good ideas, as well as a small boost that it is not as complicated as it has always been in my head. It was not exactly the traditional dessert as I know it but the twist made it more enjoyable to the palette. I am not sharing the 'secret', hopefully one day or another I'll be able to serve it to you :o)
When the show was over the baby woke up and by the time the diaper change was done the parade started only to realize at the end of it that the park was closing...6p.m....already?
We decided to head home at that time so by 7 we were in the car baby in her pjs and ready for bed. And that's how this Disneyland adventure ended :o)

No comments: