Friday, March 27, 2009

Stop and Smell the Roses

When I first had my baby I could not believe how it slowed everything down (yes it was busy) but nursing would take 40 minutes!!! Then we could go outside and it took a long time to lift the carseat and put it on the stroller. Then she did not need the carseat which sped things up a bit and I would practically run through the stores to get everything done. And now she can walk! And life is still slow because she wants to stop and look at the flowers! I kept telling her today 'ok let's go' but then I thought 'why not stop and smell the roses?' Life is short and a little child's curiosity for life is invigorating, it may take a little longer to get to the destination...some things may not get done but I do not want to rush and not have a chance to watch my daughter discover the world around her. I have a tendency to look at the world sometimes with the eyes that see how the world is fallen but, the world that she sees is what God created: beautiful with flowers, trees, rocks and dried leaves...that is what she sees and that is what I want to see, the good and the beautiful...what God has created.

No comments: