Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Spirit is Willing but the Flesh is Weak

Yep another one of my random thoughts! This morning I picked up Gabriela Zoe and she had her bobo...a.k.a. pacifier in her mouth. Now for several months I have been trying to teach her that if she wants to eat she has to take her bobo out herself. This morning she was the cutest thing to watch...she wanted to nurse...but she did not want to stop sucking on her bobo! She looked so torn as she was pulling her bobo out of her mouth but her tongue would not let go of her bobo!!! :o) That made me think of how many times there are things I know I have to let go in order to have the promised blessings and yet even though I try there is the other part of me that is still holding on. Eventually her desire to eat overcame the sucking desire and she pulled the bobo out of her mouth triumphantly. I pray that always my desire to do what pleases my father will always overcome my flesh!

No comments: