When I was pregnant I was a little worried about the whole labor and delivery process. I was praying and asking the Lord to help me, and there were times I felt confident God would be right there helping me. Then I started being delusional in a sense because I thought that it would be like I prayed fast, easy with no complications. My wise father told me every time I told him to pray for the blessed day "God will not allow for anything more than you can handle" Well that phrase strengthened my delusion.
When the labor and delivery ended up being 32 hours with a 105 fever and a c-section, I wondered why God did give me more than I could handle. The truth is I could handle a lot more than I thought!!! Not only that but He was with us every step of the way (it was not any easier for Stephen watching his wife going through all the trouble).
Just about a half hour ago I was sitting watching my daughter play in her room, she is able to stand and push light objects and walk behind them. I know she can do that, and I also know that she has perfected the art of "bottom landing" so when this morning I saw her getting unstable I put my hand out to catch her if it was more than she was able to handle.
I felt the Holy Spirit giving me a picture from God's perspective on that day. He was watching so closely our every move and I do not know at what point He put out His hand to help me but I do know that we got our healthy and strong little girl and my c-section healed so well...people were surprised to see me walking around a week after I gave birth!
God did not allow me to reach breaking point but He knew what I could handle and was right there to pick me up when the going was getting too hard. Praise Him always!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment